It is not yet warm enough to sit on the patio and enjoy a refreshing margarita. I have lassoed the flavors in an attempt to draw the days closer. Try this recipe this weekend and welcome spring in a sweet way.
Tequila Lime Sugar Cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
1 tablespoon tequila
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
Sanding sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flour, salt, soda onto parchment. Set aside.
- Put sugars and lime in mixer. Mix on medium until combined (around 30 sec.).
- Add butter and mix until pale and fluffy (around 1 minute).
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in tequila.
- Put on lowest speed and slowly pour in flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto parchment (leave plenty of space, 8 per sheet).
- Flatten cookies a little.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Lightly brush with wet pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with sugar again.
- Refrigerate on tray for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake until golden brown (12-15 min).
- Let cool for a couple of minutes on tray.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.