Happy Friday! You may have noticed we haven’t been around much lately. Sorry for the absence, but we have been hard at work finalizing a few jobs, a few posts, and getting ready for our revamped site right here. I can’t give you any specifics just yet, but it won’t be long until we get our new improved look. Don’t worry! Lola isn’t going anywhere.
In order to make the new site even more fantastic we are cleaning up some older posts (many of which have not been seen by many of you) and giving them new life. Today we are dusting off one of our very first posts just in time for Cinco de Mayo.
I wrote this post within our very first month. I wasn’t sure what I was doing and wasn’t sure if I would even keep doing it. I didn’t know in what direction my photos were headed and I was working with rudimentary tools/equipment at best. Things have changed (as you can see) and so I have remade the cookies especially for today and took new photos. I hope you like them.
The original post:
It is not yet warm enough to sit on the patio and enjoy a refreshing margarita. I have lassoed the flavors in an attempt to draw the days closer. Try this recipe this weekend and welcome spring in a sweet way.
Tequila Lime Sugar Cookies
Before you start:
The chilling time for the dough is essential. This will help to reduce the spreading of the dough and allow it to cook a bit before it begins spreading.
For a little tartness, we added some citric acid to the confectioners' sugar. This adds some wondeful flavor, but is completely optional.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour / 230g
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar / 160g
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar / 50g
- 1 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large eggs
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- citric acid (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place agave syrup and tequila in a small saucepan over low heat and reduce by half.
- Sift flour, salt, soda onto parchment. Set aside.
- Put sugars and lime in mixer. Mix on medium until combined (around 30 sec.).
- Add butter and mix until pale and fluffy (around 1 minute).
- Add egg.
- Mix in tequila.
- Put on lowest speed and slowly pour in flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto parchment (leave plenty of space, 8 per sheet).
- Flatten cookies a little with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Refrigerate on tray for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake until golden brown (12-15 min).
- Let cool for a couple of minutes on tray.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Treat of the Week: Tequila Lime Sugar Cookie (revisited):