by Andrew Yenne photos by Sam Henderson
Our Cocktail of the Month is just right for the Thanksgiving Holiday - turkey included. Make this for your upcoming feast... and save that cinnamon syrup for so many other things.
A Buck traditionaly is a highball that combines a base spirit with ginger ale and fresh lemon juice. This version is a fall seasonal using wild turkey and cinnamon syrup to create a sweet and spicy but still refreshing cocktail to sip while the leaves fall.
- 2 oz wild turkey bourbon
- 1 oz ginger ale ( I prefer Vernors)
- 1/4 oz cinnamon syrup (see below)
- decent squeeze of fresh lemon wedge
- Stir all ingredients together and pour over ice.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of sugar
- Bring water and cinnamon to boil, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain cinnamon stick out of water.
- Bring back to boil adding sugar until all sugar is disolved.
- Let cool and bottle.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Cocktail of the Month: Wild Turkey Buck: